At Select Roofing our Lightning Protection Division specialises in the design, supply, installation, testing and repair of Lightning Protection and Earthing Systems.
We offer a nationwide service, providing clients with competitively priced and professional lightning protection solutions.
We have successfully designed and installed lightning protection systems for household names such as Trinity College in Dublin and the Galway Clinic.
Lightning strikes the ground throughout the world 100 times every second and it is one of nature’s most destructive phenomena. A single lightning bolt can carry up to 1 billion volts of energy and can reach temperatures of 28,000°C.
Lightning Protection systems are designed to give this energy a safe and low impedance path to earth.
There are three parts to a structural Lightning Protection System:
- Air Termination Network – The purpose of the air termination network is to capture the lightning current and dissipate it safely to earth, thus reducing any physical damage to the structure.
- Down Conductors – These should take the shortest practical route from the air termination network to the earth termination system. The Lightning current is shared equally between the down conductors, therefore the greater number of down conductors, the less current flows down through each one.
- Earth Termination Network – This disperses the current safely and efficiently into the ground. The British standard states that a resistance of 10 ohms or less is required to achieve this.
It is important that Lightning protection systems are correctly designed and installed by specialist engineers. This is to ensure that your lightning protection system will be up to insurance and other regulatory standards, will be built to last and also that it will be fit for purpose and function as intended.
We at Select Roofing pride ourselves on providing timely and professional services and knowing that all of our work is performed to the highest standards, safeguarding safety and quality and with an ongoing, comprehensive quality control programme.
Our Lightning Protection Services include
- Consultancy and Design Services
- Supply and Installation to BSEN 62305
- Test, inspection and maintenance
- Earthing Systems
- Surge and Transient protection Equipment
- Continuity and Soil Resistivity tests
- CAD Services
Contact us today to protect your building from Lightning. You can call us on 01 4642534 in Ireland or 0044 1753701109 in the UK, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the button below.
- 18 May 2016Select Roofing is honoured with Kalzip Award^ From left: Paudi Reidy (Operations Director, Select Roofing); Patrick Monhan (Comedian, and MC of...
- 04 Mar 2016Safety in Roofing award^ Shirley Abbey, Health & Safety Manager with Select Roofing, accepting the Gold Excellence awar...
- 15 Jan 2016New office in Northern IrelandSelect Roofing has just opened a new office in Northern Ireland, to oversee operations on our growin...